The Real Estate Agent’s Guide To Creating Handwritten Notes
Writing notes is not only about ticking off a field in your to-do listing and even having good manners. It’s about delighting the recipient with a heartfelt, honest and, most of all, private type of communication.
Within the e book of Proverbs, King Soloman says that “A phrase fitly spoken is like apples of gold in photos of silver.” Fitly right here means “correctly,” and what’s a extra correct type of communication than a handwritten be aware?
For many people, handwritten notes have been a staple of rising up with dad and mom who insisted that we write “correct” thanks notes for birthday items, Christmas items, graduations, showers and extra. Whereas we could have considered it as a matter of etiquette, it’s actually a lot greater than that.
Handwritten notes are in all probability the warmest and most private type of communication, so incorporating them as a part of your advertising plan is the right method to create a more in-depth relationship together with your sphere of affect. Right here’s why you need to be writing them, instruments it’s best to use and a few concepts for write them as effectively.
Advantages of handwritten notes for actual property brokers
There’s a cause that handwritten notes are such a preferred a part of so many brokers’ advertising plans. From new brokers to veterans, they provide unparalleled outcomes. Right here’s why they work so effectively:
Everybody is aware of that actual property is a relationship enterprise, and handwritten notes assist to construct these relationships. As a result of they really feel so private and considerate, they make a giant impression and guarantee everybody from members of your SOI to results in referral companions that they’re particular to you — and worthy of your time and a spotlight.
Improved shopper satisfaction
The non-public outreach that handwritten notes present ends in improved shopper satisfaction. Nobody needs to really feel like they’re only a quantity. Each shopper you’ve needs to really feel like your favourite. Reaching out with a handwritten be aware can accomplish that, particularly once you embrace private particulars.
Elevated probability of referrals
The connection you construct with handwritten notes can simply translate into further referrals, particularly for those who proceed to speak with previous purchasers lengthy after the closing. As a result of private notes are sometimes saved for months or years, they outlast nearly some other kind of selling collateral and maintain you high of thoughts for years to come back.
Sorts of handwritten notes for actual property brokers
Whilst you don’t want an excuse to ship a handwritten be aware, listed here are some key occasions within the lifecycle of your shopper relationship when a handwritten be aware is especially welcome.
Whether or not you’re thanking them for his or her enterprise, for a referral or for being a pal, your recipient will likely be thrilled with a handwritten thanks be aware. Discover loads of concepts and examples in my article: The way to write the right thank-you be aware assured to generate leads
How do you retain your nice first impression going after an inventory appointment, purchaser session, or interviewing together with your dream crew or brokerage? With a promptly delivered handwritten follow-up be aware. Recap your dialog, finish together with your CTA (name to motion) and, as all the time, categorical your honest gratitude.
‘Simply checking in’ notes
Haven’t heard from a favourite shopper or referral associate shortly? Attain out and renew the connection with a well-timed checking in be aware. You by no means actually need an excuse to say “Hello” on this approach, however in order for you one try their social media feeds for latest life adjustments or accomplishments.
Quite than sending out preprinted playing cards on the holidays, contemplate a handwritten be aware as a substitute. Supply your warmest private needs on a sublime piece of stationery with a border coloration that displays the season.
Ideas for writing efficient handwritten notes
Wish to be sure that your handwritten notes are having the influence you need on the recipient? Maintain these pointers in thoughts:
- Maintain it concise. This isn’t the time to provoke a protracted dialog. It’s simply an opportunity so that you can contact base. If you wish to have an extended dialog, achieve this by telephone or in individual.
- Be private. Attempt to embrace one thing concerning the recipient or about their transaction to make your be aware extra private and fewer generic.
- Use correct grammar and spelling. For those who’re not nice at these components, have somebody proofread your notes for accuracy.
- Use high-quality paper and pens. It might sound old style, however the kind of writing components you employ makes a distinction in the best way your be aware is perceived. Spend money on heavyweight stationery and a high-quality pen with both darkish blue or black ink.
Finest practices for incorporating handwritten notes into your actual property enterprise
- Schedule time for be aware writing, ideally as soon as every week or for a couple of minutes every day.
- Use a CRM to trace notes and the private particulars that make them simpler.
- Personalize notes for every recipient, referring to them the best way that you’d in actual life.
- Use handwritten notes together with digital communication to strengthen your message and enhance your contact.
- Practice your crew or brokerage on the significance of handwritten notes and contemplate offering them with stationery and stamps in order that they haven’t any excuse for not writing their notes. Contemplate holding collaborative note-writing periods to make it a enjoyable group exercise.
Writing notes is not only about ticking off a field in your to-do listing and even having good manners. It’s about delighting the recipient with a heartfelt, honest and, most of all, private type of communication. Incorporate handwritten notes into your outreach and see what an influence they’ve, each on you and on the folks to whom you ship them.
Christy Murdock is a contract author, coach and marketing consultant and the proprietor of Writing Actual Property. Join with Writing Actual Property on Instagram and subscribe to the weekly roundup, The Ketchup.